Jumbo June! - painting topic

That’s fantastic @Mikes! It does not matter how long it takes. It is all worth the effort! They look great and the Tree Herder is an awesome model as well.

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Druid and unicorn & naiad stalker stand ins for the OotGL

13 Likes

Thanks @Swordmaster! And yep, it took a long time, but it feels great to have finished such a big project. Definitely my biggest project so far! :smiley:

2 Likes

Two more units for my De Danann Mythological Herd army: a regiment of Gur panther warhounds and a troop of Tribal Trappers slingers,

11 Likes

Some mantic fire elementals that happened to be in hands reach while I was doing some low intensity work. Basically a very quick and dirty job, but feels good to be able to post a finished mini for a change xD.

19 Likes

Watching you build with awe! It’s like the Dagd are summoning them.
I love the mythology and your incredible take on it is truly inspiring.
As for the Dagda… any idea for Crom Cruach?

2 Likes

Many thanks Kraygor. I’ve had a lot of fun, and with around 3500 points now, i’ll have a good core force. There are some great miniatures for warp creatures suitable for Lycan that would be great for Cu Chullain, but i’m not sure yet about the Dagda or Crom Cruach. The Jim Fitzpatrick range do a sweet Nuada and Lough Lamfada though. Now i have the core army sorted, i can play around a bit with heroes/villains.

1 Like

A horde of brutes, modelled as a worm across the base?
It’s hard one to pick without going outside the list.
Maybe Forest Shamblers or one of the elementals as horde(s) from the master list? so they would be relying on the surge, tying them to the magic user i.e. Dagda, well, one of them😁
I feel the Hound will be a standout. Looking forward to it🙂

1 Like

I think one of the heroes is a Monster Infantry or Large Infantry and could work well for a warped Setanta, shame i can’t chain him to a dolmen, … maybe…mmmmm… we will see. The models are expensive but look way cool. I think that the Jim Fitzpatrick Lucid Eye range also comes with a Balor Evil Eye model… ideal for a Vargarar version of the army.

1 Like

Tie him to that rock if you can, definitely.
And I agree with you about the Fitzpatrick line. I just had a quick look and that Nuada is special.

1 Like

Hey everyone, first time caller long time listener. Have finished a converted goblin chariot from mantic figs and 4ground chariot.

18 Likes

Nice. Used the 4ground chariots and panthers for Basilean chariot units - good value and work well with a simple paint job

3 Likes

A regiment of Longhorns awaiting a final touch ups and wash

11 Likes

12 Likes

Did some assembly work and Silverbreeze is ready to paint as well now:

I also added a very basic green stuff saddle to my (Pathfinder) Dragon, so one of the Stormwind Riders can mount it without chafing his backside :grinning:
… my first try at something like that. Only used greenstuff as gap filler up to now.

This is actually quite a milestone for me, as it means that all models for my first 2000 points army are fully assembled now … only “some” painting left to do :smiley:

14 Likes

Those look great. I’ve been on the fence about ordering some of those chariots.

Seeing this has made me bite the bullet.

1 Like

Thanks mate, the only hassle were the mantic wolves coz they have the legs moulded in, but it can also work to an advantage. The tundra wolves may work better but i haven’t seen those models yet.

And i have 2 more chariots and a king on chariot primed

But time is a limited commodity as im sure everyone here can appreciate.

13 Likes

Looking good. Going to use the old GW Wargs. Part of my Hyena/Gnoll themed The Herd force.

2 Likes

More OotGL characters

18 Likes

That group photo had a great sense of movement.

2 Likes