Jumbo June! - painting topic

Mhh … finished this guy way faster than expected. In retrospect, should have done that one in Monster March after all!! How embarassing :laughing:

10 Likes

Technically, it is only 10 models to a cavalry regiment unit, but the wolfhounds seems a bit light on the ground as Gur panthers for my De Danann mythological Herd army, so I added a few more to fill the base

13 Likes

I have done the same with my halfling knights, 10 doesn’t fill so a few extra hides the ground better. Nice to see the hunting pack out and running

1 Like

Artillery brigade ready to kill the living.

17 Likes

Maybe not a Jumbo June but how about a cheeky Humble Beginnings?

Recently rebased some previously finished models from individual bases to multi bases to use as Mummies in an Empires of Dust army.

15 Likes

Man, these look great.

Very nice color and composition.

2 Likes

Dwagon!!! … basic colors blocked in … now the real work can start … boy this is gonna take a while :wink:

No idea yet if I’ll like the end result or look for another dragon to paint eventually, but I’ll give it my best :laughing:

15 Likes

Just finished this guy, fresh from the palette.
lots and lots still to go… :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Wow! Now that is a nice Daemon sculpt and the more selective colour palette really suits the model. Great work!

Which model range is it from?

@FutaManticore
Hey mate its a no name resin kit from ebay

Thanks for the positive feedback :slight_smile:

As my name suggests I don’t know many people in my circles who would appreciate this.

Cheers :+1:

3 Likes

It’s in fact the Creature Caster ‘Lord of Malice’ (https://creaturecaster.com/us/product/lord-of-malice/) :wink: Looks like you got a recast? Or a reseller who didn’t know what it is.

Whatever the source, looking great! Love CC’s stuff.

3 Likes

Good eyes mate, I definitely got a recast model coz the details on the model were not as defined and the wings were poor in comparison. There was actually a bit of filler already on one wing. I think I even saw it on alibaba for cheaper still… maybe they used cheap 3d printers?

2 Likes

Four! 4!?

1 Like

More ‘why the hell not?’ hobby from Nav!

I need to do at least one army in the same vein at some point.

1 Like

many thanks

Finished these yesterday, a Horde of Zombie Trolls and a Vampire Lord.

2 Likes

I have a fondness for artillery. My Kingdom of Men force has 10 pieces of artillery.

3 Likes

A fondness for artillery … who knew :wink:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I guess I could drop a few wizards to squeeze in 2 more siege engines, to make it 12 artillery pieces.

However, doing that would make me question whether my Kingdom of Men are actually Dwarfs in disguise :thinking:

2 Likes