Nav's Tuatha De Danann Mythological War Host: The Herd

Yeah I did assume that you had painted them. Either way, they look brilliant :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

sadly, i have not the gift for such detailed work. Many thanks.

Five more bases cut out to go with the Battle at the Ford horde of light infantry base. One is for a regiment of Heavy infantry, two for regiments of light infantry, and one for a horde of chariots and a troop of light infantry.
I’ve fashioned them in such a way that they can all come together into one interlocking diarama, to make into a ring fort… Though it could be a section of a fort… Ideal for my Celtic mythological Herd host.

8 Likes

13 Likes

We are very different modellers! I’m quite cautious with my choices/projects but you’re like - let’s go for it, scratch build the lot!

2 Likes

Thanks Mark. In my defense I spent many years collecting 40k Orks

1 Like

Haha. I’m the same @MarkG. I spend forever trying to work out whether something will work, can I do it, would it be appropriate/ ‘allowed’, while people like @Nav just let their imagination run wild and crack on. And these look great already

2 Likes

many thanks @HouseElf. i learned long ago to listen to the mad little demon in my head… he sulks and plots if i don’t let him have his way sometimes… and in fairness, he comes up with some fun ideas,

1 Like

i love the irony in painting bits of rock to make them look more like bits of rock, but it does get them to pop!.. a bit of a wash afterwards makes them even better. “what did you use to make the road?” “Gravel, from the side of the road!”

1 Like

Good plan to listen to that demon! On your other post, I’ve seen the irony and no longer paint sand and rocks on my bases that is meant be sand and rocks. But tbh it still feels wrong!

1 Like

hehehe, but for me, i think it is worth is, and hang the irony.

i’m not sure about painting sand though… is that a real thing? :slight_smile:

Before and after a dry brushing and wash…

5 Likes

I just saw this and thought of your project.

Mierce is pricy but good and there are things you just don’t see elsewhere.

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ern_unl_inf_500_005

Those are sweeeeeeeet. i’ll keep those in mind for sure. Would make great lycos

I picked up some of their Albainn large infantry stuff for my dark age style army - they have some lovely models, just keep an eye put for the bogof/half price sales :wink:

1 Like

Meirce do indeed make some lovely models… and good tip about the half price sales

I love this. A fort om multibase! So bold, so original and so pretty.

Lesson learned: anything can be multibased

3 Likes

many thanks @V-Dawg

A horde of Spirit Walkers for my Herd Celtic war host is complete. These over-eager frenzied fanatics are always the first to rush out of the hill fort, in order to defend the ford crossing point of the territorial boundary against any would be cattle raiders. Lightly armoured as they are, they just need a quick dab of war paint, grab their weapons and are off, while others are still busy getting dressed for battle. Anyone unsure of the direction of the percieved threat, need only follow the discarded clothing of the Spirit Walkers, and l isten for their battle howls, the war drums and the mournful haunting sound of their war horns: the Carnyx

11 Likes

A regiment of Longhorns for my mythological ‘De Danann’ Herd army… An elite fighting unit of pre- Celtic heavily armoured infantry. Their rare, wonderfully crafted and expensive armour , the gold trinkets and expensive clothing that they wear, and even the colours that adorn their apparel clearly indicated that these warriors are not merely Ruada, (members of the soldier caste) but are indeed wealthy landowners and highly respected within the clan, perhaps even brothers or sons of ruling kings.

9 Likes