September Spring! - Painting Topic

@KptKeno in the tournament that the bexley reapers run everyone fields a special character at that event called “the reaper” it’s usually themed on different things. It’s been a Mexican day of the dead character, a pirate etc.

This time the theme is a “dead mans hand” large cavalry model. So the cards are a face down hole card and the black aces and eights of the famous hand.
So as a nod to the theme ( I couldn’t think of a decent way to Work a cowboy into the theme) I’ve included the deadman’s hand prominently on the base.

3 Likes

Thanks, with or without a dead man’s hand, the wheeled badger is simply great!

2 Likes

Just realized I never shared the Moonfang I printed and painted earlier this month for my Verdant Herd army:

Came out pretty well, considering this is 36% the size of the original sculpt (‘Grove Guardian’ by Rocket Pig Games)!

18 Likes

Next couple of bits for the halflings - organ gun (leftover from a dwarf army project) and a kitbash of one of the LL characters

17 Likes

Finally finished off my Butchers to go between Nightstalkers and Twilight Kin

13 Likes

MasterBlaster runs bartertown! the halfing on that guy’s back reminds me of it, hehe. Any Tina Turner halfings around?

2 Likes

Second Drakon almost done, took me a bit longer due to holidays with the wife, not that I am complaing! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Just missing the shield and some varnish now!

Now two more and I’m tournament ready … might have to cut some corners and paint riderless Drakons from LOL, if time goes by too quickly :wink:

19 Likes

10 Likes

Currently doing some work on the Ogres.

16 Likes

With a suitable paint scheme?

The halfling mage and bard I have are from the same range

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I added anything to this painting thread. Before the summer I hardly painted anything, but it seems I got on steam again.

Here’s my recently finished fanatics!

More pictures and ongoing projects are here:

20 Likes

Still a work in progress, should have it finished by tomorrow night. Going to use it as one of the named Elohi in the Basilean list.

18 Likes

I finished a regiment of zombies yesterday!

As I finish one project (usually a regiment or horde) at a time, finishing this one frees me for a new one. I already started on a trio of trolls, after which I might do some more goblins!

22 Likes

Finished, looking forward to getting it on to a table this weekend.

23 Likes

A knot of Bloodworms. I’m thinking a Horde could be a cornucopia

17 Likes

What sort of putty/clay have you used for the flagstones?

1 Like

Ironwatch Crossbows for my True Dwarfs. I’m just waiting on a base for the second troop. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Base isn’t done, but otherwise I finished the Tree herder!

*Known to the elves as Ornuk’la, this ancient tree spirit remembers well the pact formed between the children of the sea and the guardians of the forest. Woe betide any elf that calls upon his aid and does give the grim tree his due. *

I’ll post some more pics and my thoughts on painting him later in my WIP thread.

21 Likes

Muster Captains for the halflings

16 Likes

@ DreadNort: I use a mix of White and Biege Super Sculpey. It’s polymer clay, so it stays malleable until baked in the oven which made the fissure for the Bloodworms surprisingly easy to achieve. It can be applied/rolled directly onto MDF before baking, and only requires a low temperature of roughly 130 celsius for 15 minutes, so no fear of charring the base. So far, my 3mm MDF has not warped due to baking.

1 Like