Super September- painting topic

So many zoom meetings means I have snuck in some painting. A sneaky goblin for vanguard/dnd

Ran out of 20x20 bases, but I did a last order before Brexit with a friend so I have new ones coming in in a few weeks.

6 Likes

I’ve finished the Greenskin Orc and Goblin Giant conversion… Apart from the touch ups with white… This is an old GW giant that I cut the arms head and legs below the knees off, and refitted with the spare parts of my Mantic giant, which are bulkier… I gotta say I thought at first that it wasn’t going to work!

7 Likes

Next step in my plot for World Domination… I mean… an army: Assembling this:

into two hordes of infantry, two regiments of cavalry, a druid, an examplar, and two riders for my GW griffons. I’m not going to be doing it all at once, I don’t think, but let’s start by assembling some heroes - they’re gonna need some kitbashing I think.

8 Likes

Hello! A bit more progress from this week, I continue painting models for Storm Wind cavalry regiment.

12 Likes

Those look awesome @Swordmaster ! Love the blended colors and highlights. Makes those lance tips really pop! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Mikes! I am glad this shows on just quick snapshots. Once the regiment is done (still quite a long way to go), I will take better photos. I really enjoy painting these models. Cheers!

Very nice. i like the palette choice, works well.

1 Like

Hi @Nav! Thanks! I am glad you like it, even though the snapshots turned out to be a bit dark and do not show the purple-turquoise transition well. Perhaps I need to work on even stronger contrast :slight_smile:

1 Like

A bit of grass on the base, a few final touch ups and it’ll be done. I’d considered adding a treadmill with a wolf /goat /captured prisoners in it to power the device, but opted for a block and tackle approach. After all, if goblins can make flying machines, why not a crane to heft the huge boulders into place?

roxz

5 Likes

Orc Greataxe coming along!

7 Likes

Finally painting something other than Mongolians!

Still a work in progress. Going for a very muted colour palette with these ‘Longhorns’/‘Bestigors’ for my Herd/Beastmen force.

Washed out dirty greys will be the over all colour of the force, character models may get a colour added.

The scheme is very quick to do, so I should be able to get the entire force done soon.

10 Likes

They’re very fierce-looking! What models are these?

Gnolls by Northstar Miniatures. They are nice, the detail is a bit soft on them. Which makes them a bit difficult to paint at times. Lots of detail that is sometimes hard to make out.

2 Likes

Thanks! You certainly made it work, even if it took some effort!

And now some wild gur panthers/chaos hounds. Waiting on the woodglue to dry before I paint the bases.

4 Likes

They could easily be used as wolves. What models are those?

As I’ve written a wolf minis guide… :smiley:
I’ll just jump in to answer, it’s LoTR Wargs from GW by the looks of it:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wild-Wargs-2018

2 Likes

GW Lord of the Rings Wild Wargs. It is a kit I’ve got a lot of use out of. My Ogres used them as Sabertusks. Their Hyena inspired look fits my Hyena themed Herd.

Got some big Gnolls that work as Minotaurs as well.

2 Likes

First couple of Gnoll units finished. Currently working on a Regiment of Tribal Warriors and a Regiment of Spirit Walkers.

9 Likes

looking sweet